Friday 15 January 2010

TotalFinder, a more complete Finder

As an art student I often find myself on the brink of a deadline with various files open on my desktop and finder windows all over the place because I frequently need something from each of them, and there are only so many finder windows you can go through to find the one you want before you start to go insane. Cue the TotalFinder.




Unlike other finder apps this one blends in totally with your finder window instead of needing to be launched separately. It adds tabbed browsing of your Finder reducing down the desktop clutter and even hot keys for quick access to the Finder at all time.

TotalFinder is only available for Mac OSX 10.6, Snow Leopard, which I don't have yet, but it is still in the alpha stages of development, so it may be  a tad buggy, like make sure your whole mac is backed up kinda buggy. So I'd wait off downloading it for a while until a proper release is available.



TotalFinder via LifeHacker

No comments:

Post a Comment